Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Rules

The Rules
1. Eat only real food.
2. The only processing allowed is what I do at home with my raw materials.
3. Don't focus in on carbs or fat, but on real food. Neither carbs nor fat are the enemy.
4. Pay attention to calories.
5. Exercise.

Then let's see what happens.

Practical limitations
1. I live in Fargo, ND, with nary a Whole Foods nor Trader Joe's in sight. Thus, what I eat will be purchased at the local supermarkets. This means that things like pastured butter, free-range eggs, and grass-fed beef are somewhat harder to come by, and expensive. Eating pasteurized milk, supermarket eggs and grain fed beef is not "sinful" and will not be treated as such.

2. I travel a lot for my job and when I travel, I have less control over what I eat. I have discovered that while traveling, I can make low carb, whole food choices easier than other choices, so I may have to relax the rules a bit while on the road. I must make some concessions when I eat out on the road.

This is not a low carb, Paleo, Primal, or low food reward diet. It is a real foods diet.


3 comments:

  1. Been awhile since we heard from ya.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    My name is Amy and I work for Natural Grocers. We would like to invite you to a Sneak Peek lunch we are having at our new Fargo store opening in June. Please send me your name and email address so that I can send you an invitation.
    Thanks,
    -Amy
    alucariello@naturalgrocers.com

    ReplyDelete